The story so far...The survival of Lowfield Heath Windmill is almost as remarkable as the story of its restoration in the hands of a dedicated and committed group of local people. The Mill was originally built at Lowfield Heath in 1737/8 and now stands on the edge of Charlwood village. It took thirteen years of hard work and great skill to dismantle, repair and re-erect the Mill. It has four floors, with an external staircase leading to the second floor, from where internal ladders rise to two further floors. It also has a small visitor centre within the roundhouse.
Find us on Facebook YouTube andInstagram. Donations are very gratefully recieved and please use the button and links below.
Tea, Coffee and Cake avilable on all our open days